What data you have?
It's no easy to know as the data in relation to an individual or a company is everywhere : agenda, todo lists, e-mail, documents, address books, contracts, curriculum-vitae, (web)forms, marketing, campaign and sales forces, leads, sales order, purchase order, invoice, quotation, call, payment, support services, warrenties, insurances, products, services, and mostly are in several devices, softwares and in hands of various persons...
Especially for EU General Private Data Protection Regulation challenge is to find all data in relation to each person
How can we do?
Group all information into an information management system that has all the facilities to receive and organize all data
Begin thinking about the places where you can have information.
You will probably be surprized when looking to the map presented here.
We see 3 kinds of media: Data - Files - Paper
1 - Start with Data
Data is the most easy to process, it is a basic digital form of information ready to be processed and exchanged by any standard information management tool, any application and any database.
Just use your computer, mobile, social networks, clouds applications and storages and export / download the data as they are using her standard export / download tools.
The best is to export to xls (Excel) or cvs (text) files.
2 - Then treat the Files
Files are media that contain information. They are digital, but "bloc data" what makes you have to manage 2 levels:
- 1 - as a source file you have to manage his relation (to link) to the person
- 2 - to analyze the information the file contain : that you will sometimes have to manage as data, so to create as such, for example in a text file or a Excel file, or create a record in an application (in case of a stress due to a short delay, we suggest to proceed the case 2 later).
3 - Treat Paper media
For good management and ensure compliance to private data regulation, and more again in a digital world, paper documents have to be converted into digital form.
- 1 - Scan it or take pictures with your mobile or a camera to obtain files.
We recommend to convert the pictures in PDF files (one document per PDF file)
- 2 - After that, you must proceed as indicated in item 2 above.
- - if your files are stored in a cloud, it's ok it should be linked to a person for data management
- - probably your files are in many cloud storages provided by your various suppliers (mobile operators, businesses). In that case, to optimize the process, transfer or copy all the files in a single cloud.
- - an option is to digitize the document and upload it directly into the electronic document management application where it will be linked by design to the person data.
Get a look on the data map
You can see data is everywhere and you probably do not have a suitable or optimal tool for a global and unified management of all data and information in relation to an individual
Information Management System
4 - Map your data with that of I.M.S.
Check the Excel or csv files columns and map it with Eralys I.M.S. data fields
Do not worry if you do not find all what you need
In very few clicks create or add and define the fields you need
Manage I.M.S. Data Fields
5 - Import Data into I.M.S
Map the data in your file to import with the fields in I.M.S.
Upload your data.
Now you are ready to analyze your data