Setup your organization to use I.M.S. as you need it
Every organization has processes, applies operating rules, has a work organization, distributes tasks and responsibilities among its employees.
This is very important!
I.M.S. adapts to your needs and allows you to reproduce your usual operating modes.
It will also allow you to optimize and automate treatments and processes for better working comfort and efficiency, improved quality of service and working conditions.
How can we do?
We will reproduce the organization of your company
The departments, jobs, roles, the profiles of your employees, the hierarchical managerial organization.
How does it work?
1 - Define your organization in I.M.S.
User management is based on a hierarchical tree structure
- Define Roles
- as one or more profiles set
- Define Profiles
- as a set of rights
- Compose hierarchy
- organize the tree
- Define sharing
- inheritance, sharing of rights
- Define Groups
- of Roles
- of Users
- of Groups
Define access to I.M.S., to features, tools and data
Define rights on data creation, modification, consultation, deletion
2 - Define Profiles
The Profile is the finest level of control down to the individual data fields.
- Set each entity rights (i.e. Contacts)
- Set each entity data field rights
- lowerest level
- all sales, legal, support, accounting can see Contact's data, but legal will see and manage some data all others do not know or see, support will see and manage products in relation to a customer, others don't need to see
- Salesman can create and edit a quote but cannot delete it and cannot set the status to valided
- Sales Manager can create, edit and set the status of a Quote to Valided (his own and those of his entire team)
- think about, you can assemble several Profiles to build a Role. And a Profile can be used several time in various Roles when you design our Profiles and Roles
- you also can use inheritance and some sharing rules between Roles (top-down)
Profile rights setting
Define the I.M.S. entity allowed.
Define View, Create, Edit, Delete rights for each entity.
For each entity, here developed Contact entity, you can define each data field attribut in the User Interface (hidden, read only, write).
In emergency situations, you can create Groups that will take care of each of the defined topics or actions. Ideal for Task Forces, Crisis Committee.
3 - Set Groups
Groups allow a set of users to share information. But each member keeps the rights that are specific to his Role with his Profiles.
Group is an additional, superior and transversal way to the hierarchical organization to share information outside the silo structure.
Groups are particularly useful:
- for example to create an Accounting Group. This way all accountants will share all informations, even if the Trainee employee, the Chief Accountant, the Auditors do not have the same rights
- to reproduce Departments or Teams (co)working
- to avoid blockages in case of absence, unavailability or departure of a collaborator
- for in pool, 24/24 - 3x8 working (manufacturing, international)
- for a work in Project mode
- for exceptional or temporary work in common around a file, a subject
Groups of Groups can be defined.
I.M.S. Group Editor
As you can see here through color codes, you can mix User, Role, Role and subordinates and other Groups in a Group definition.
It is particularly flexible and practical: in one operation you share or withdraw information from a whole group of people, as if you were working with a group of people outside their usual hierarchical structures and areas of competence.
You have your working, your management organization set in place
- Now you need to create your employees as I.M.S. Users
- You need to connect it to a Role.
> Please see the next step